Learning for a Sustainable Future & RBC invite you to participate in the
Our Canada Project Youth Leadership Forums
Empowering Students to Change the World!
The Our Canada Project is a call to action, engaging youth in envisioning a more sustainable Canada and the actions they are taking to achieve their vision. At the Youth Leadership Forum students will be inspired to take action through keynotes and workshops delivered by local youth who are making change in their communities. They will leave empowered with innovative ideas, skills, and confidence to undertake their own action projects.
At their own workshop, educators will learn to support student action projects while meeting curriculum requirements using transformative learning.
Where & when
- Grades: 9-12
- Date: March 25, 2019
- Time: 8:30am – 2:45pm
- Location: Aga Khan Museum
- Address: 77 Wynford Dr
- Cost: Free!
- More details: See flyer
Who should attend
- Groups of up to 5 youth (grades 9-12)
- Plus 1-2 teachers per group
What is the cost
What to expect
- Students attend keynote addresses and workshops led by local youth leaders to INFORM them about local sustainability challenges, EQUIP them with the skills needed to make change, and INSPIRE them to take action!
- Teachers learn how to use inquiry to engage their students in action projects linked to the curriculum
- Teachers & students leave prepared and inspired to undertake their own sustainability Action Project in their communities and contribute to Canada’s sustainable future!
- LSF will support your Action Project with classroom resources, idea sharing, and even project funding!
Learning for a Sustainable Future is a Canadian charitable organization founded in 1991 to promote, through education – the knowledge, skills, values, perspectives, and practices essential to a sustainable future. LSF’s innovative programs and strategic partnerships are reshaping education policy and transforming learning methods, helping students learn to address the increasingly difficult economic, social, and environmental challenges of the 21st century.
This opportunity is made possible thanks to financial support from RBC.